Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Updates. Amazon Prime. Terrortory 2. Garden of Hedon.

Don't have imdbpro? Well, the above is what a page of it looks like. Well, specifically MY page. As you can see, how exciting! I'm the 84,787th most popular person in/out of Hollywood, which is up like 173,000 spots from where I was last week.

What does all this have to do with anything?

Well, if you saw my last post then you know the Making Of Garden of Hedon went live about a month ago on Amazon Prime. I put it AND the Making of the first Fear of Clowns on there. I think they both have some entertaining parts, but obviously GOH has the boobs so I figured it would do better.

It has, and not just because Amazon's metrics screwed up on the FOC making of, claiming that ZERO minutes were watched the first month it was up. I knew that wasn't true. Eventually they got back to me and said it was a glitch in the system, but they did have the numbers and would update them.

Eventually they did, but sure makes it hard to trust them, right?

Anyway, the Making of GOH started climbing a few weeks ago. Did good numbers in the UK, like three times as much as the U.S., but then the U.S. started climbing.

In the past week, it's doing more than all my other movies combined and is steadily climbing up the page popularity list.

Obviously, putting it up was a way to get some more minutes per month in the metrics, but my secondary plan was to hope that if they stumbled on the Making Of, then maybe they'd be interested enough to check out the actual movie "Garden of Hedon".

I'm happy to say THAT'S working out too, as GOH has been logging 5-10 times the traffic it was doing over the past couple of months.

And that picture up there shows that it's pretty high on the movie meter--it usually hovers been 20,000 and 35,000 on the meter, but right now it's at 11,000. That's pretty high, so people are definitely checking it out.

I guess the question to be asked is this: What can filmmakers take from this? That putting a Making Of on Amazon can help lead people to your movies?

I wish I could say that's a definitive yes, but the reason I put TWO Making Ofs up at the same time was to test it. Putting up one tells you nothing. Put up two...you can compare.

And the Making of Fear of Clowns has done VERY little. Which leads me to believe if you have some sexy chicks to put on the cover of your Making Of, they will for sure be more of a draw than a shirtless clown.

So I'd say if your Making Of poster has sex appeal, by all means put it up and perhaps it will draw people to it AND your movie.

-----------

Man, I'm DYING to show you this poster. It's so freaking cool.

I sort of put Terrortory 2 on the back burner as I finished other things. We're still working on some of the effects, but since I'm leaning more and more to releasing in October, I have plenty of time to finish it. I can take a serious breather and go back to it with fresh eyes.


Here's a throwback pic to the first Terrortory's Midnight Clown segment--and one of these characters will have an appearance in the sequel! Which one will it be?


1 comment:

  1. Is Fear of Clowns 2 doc still not getting hits? I can play it at some point to see if it shows if you want. I'm curious if you get the money for a second play.

    ReplyDelete