Thursday, November 8, 2018

So this is weird...


So we ended October with a disappointing 2.1 million minutes. Definitely not enough to get the bonus.

That used to translate to about $5K, which would still have been disappointing but not as disappointing as the $2100 I get for it now.

I was out of town the first couple of days of November--my plan was to take down the free as soon as it starts dying--that way it will still be on the top 100 list, and perhaps we'll get some people paying to rent it.

But since Amazon takes a few days to update, I won't be able to see that stuff right away.

I got back on November 3rd and checked the stats and a VERY weird thing is happening.

On the first film, November 1st was the kiss of death. The movie died FAST. Everybody getting into the Thanksgiving/Xmas spirit, I guess.

But the first 3 days of November for Terrortory 2 are better than ANY 3 consecutive days in October. Then I get the next couple of days, and it's going UP.

Just when I think I sort of have the whole thing figured out, it surprises me. And now tonight I check our rankings, and we're actually the #15 top horror movie on Amazon, period. We're #106 of ANYTHING on Amazon Videos, TV included.


So I guess I'm going to leave it up for a while longer. Heck, maybe there's a very-outside chance we could get the bonus in November if this keeps up. I have no idea what's generating the interest now, this late, but I'm not complaining...



2 comments:

  1. Well that's slightly better news than your previous blog, I hope you break even at least.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm sure EVENTUALLY I will...but that's the problem with these micro budget movies...I'm paying for them, so if I don't get paid back right away I can't turn around and make another...

    ReplyDelete