Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The ONLY place to legally watch Terrortory 2 is on Amazon Prime. PERIOD.




Okay, just to make this clear as some people have hit us up with messages like "I saw it was on (fill in the blank)--watched it on there. Congrats!"

Well, you may not have known it, but you just stole the movie from us. There is NO other legal place to watch our movie other than Amazon. Yes, that app on your TV that makes it look like you can freely stream movies including ones STILL in the theater? That's illegal. There's a reason it's being sued.

The pirates have been out in full force, pirating our movie all over, and anyone who says this doesn't hurt our bottom line is an idiot. (one site had already streamed it over 3000 times before I got them to take it down)

Anyway, the film is doing pretty well, but not as well as I would have hoped. We don't have that many reviews, which is one of the major indicators for Amazon on how well your movie is engaging viewers.

If you've seen Terrortory 2 and haven't reviewed it, how about go do that? It helps us out in a HUGE way. Hell, even negative reviews help us move up the charts. (so yes, negative reviews are actually better than no reviews)

We got as high as 40 on the top Amazon horror films, out of at least 4000 so that's cool. But we've been stuck in the top 100, not going any higher at the moment. The first film got as high as number six, I believe, on the chart, so I'm hoping we start rising again.

Spread the word, especially if you're in the cast/crew. One thing I'm noticing--and I noticed it on the first also--is that actors appear to be clueless about spreading the word.

They'll spread headshots or youtube videos they're in where they're doing something pedantic, but a movie they're in? No mention. It's rather infuriating, honestly. You're in a feature film that anyone can now see--and in some cases you're on the actual movie poster--and you're not interested in spreading the word?

Then they ask for footage for their reel...well, you can imagine I'm not in a hurry to do them any favors at that point.

And the chance I'll work with them again is zero point zero.

4 comments:

  1. I saw your post about the change to Amazon's payment plan, how has it effected your next budget and your release of new movies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mulling all of it over now. Frankly, I may be done. There's only so much a guy my age can get accomplished on his own, and the only way to keep the budgets even this low is to do 90% of everything myself.

    I'll be going into it in future posts as I see just what happens with Terrortory 2. Basically, the future looked decent after Terrortory 1, and now it looks pretty bleak after Terrortory 2...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you first posted the change to Amazon's structure of payment is what caught my attention. When I saw this post it didn't feel like the return on Amazon is enough to justify it as focus of distribution anymore.

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's definitely NOT any more. If what you shot cost less than $2K, then maybe you can get that back here with enough work, but Amazon is now a losing proposition unless it's just ANOTHER of the places to put your flick. I'm also becoming a little suspicious of their numbers, and auditing them doesn't appear to be anything you can do.

    ReplyDelete