Monday, July 26, 2021

Filmhub update End of July 2021

 

This is the background graphic I'd used for "Bounty" on Amazon


So at this point, here's where I'm at. I have seven features PASSED on Filmhub. All of them have been picked up by various places from Tubi to Plex to Vuuzle to Xumo to Gruuvr and a bunch of other I've never heard of.

If you don't know that much about Filmhub, they give you a dashboard that's similar to Amazon's but it shows you what they call "Insights" that tries to give you an idea of how much you're making. However, there are warnings all over so you understand that these are NOT earnings, just estimates.

Since I'm still new to this and haven't gotten an earnings report yet, I can't testify as to how accurate they are, but I'll let you know. At this point, since many of my titles are recently placed and I only started with two movies, I can't draw any conclusions, but this is what my current trajectory looks like:



As you can see, there's now a sharp earnings trend up. You're probably like, "Hey, why'd you blur your earnings?" and I'll tell you--I'm not sure whether Filmhub cares whether I share this information. I have no problem sharing exactly how much money they're making(and the graph shows an approximation so you can guess), but I'm going to go through the pages and see whether there are any issues with sharing this information.

I can tell you that it's not a massive amount yet, but I'm very encouraged by the results, especially because I've done NO advertisements for my films yet other than my various social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, of which I don't have that many followers--I'm a pretty bad social media guy because I just don't have time to spend there that often.

But it's also very encouraging to see how many countries Filmhub gets your titles into, as opposed to Amazon's four.

Another thing I'm trying that may be of interest to filmmakers who only have, say, one move in their belt is this:

If you've been following me for any length of time then you know I pride myself on making entertaining and lengthy "Making Of" segments for my DVD/Blu Ray releases. A while back I had even gotten three of them onto Amazon before the Great Indie Purge.

Well, I've now started submitting them as documentaries through Filmhub. Wasn't sure there would be any interest, so I only submitted one but it cleared and has now been picked up by a couple of platforms including one of my new favorites, Plex. (for me, Tubi and Plex seem to be bringing the most interest/money according to Insights)

So I intend to get some of my others ones up also. Only issue is that I have to make all the various graphic posters and then make trailers for them. (I only made a trailer for one of the three that went up on Amazon, because they weren't required there)

But if you have a feature film and you have a good long Making Of, perhaps consider submitting it for some extra revenue. (and also consider that perhaps someone will stumble upon the Making Of, and seek out your film, so it could be another avenue to discovery of your film)

Also, when I say "long", I suppose it could be short because they do take shorts. 

Anyway, at this point I'd recommend to anyone looking to place titles out there to consider Filmhub. It's definitely opened up some avenues, and I'll continue to update this, including making some educated guesses at exactly how much each view on certain platforms could earn you.




No comments:

Post a Comment