Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Another long gap / Some More Filmhub stuff

 


So...yeah, I'm the worst blogger in history. Things have been hectic over the past few months.

Here's what happened re: Filmhub

They gave me a bit of the runaround with Garden of Hedon, so I finally just told them to forget it. I just ignored that whole thing for a few months, and someone reached out to me and said "We're just wondering what you want to do with Garden of Hedon?"

I told them, not very nicely, "You failed it and I don't care, just delete it."

They said some things had changed, and that they thought they could work to get it to pass. I said in that case, go ahead. So then I figured, okay, I'll follow through on Bounty.

I got both of those up, and they started getting picked up by outlets. I was encouraged, so I worked double time on every single other one of my films to get them all over there. As of this moment, every film other than Fear of Clowns 2 and Terrortory 1 are available and being placed on platforms.

Those two films are currently pending. FOC2 failed due to duplicate frames because--and this goes way back into technical shit--we shot it in 2005ish on a Panasonic AG-DVX100B at 24 frames per second. At the time, you had to convert it to 30fps to edit it for video, and what that did was duplicate a frame every 4 frames--that's how you got 30 frames out of 24.

There's really only one true way to fix that, and that's to go pull out EVERY fifth frame, stitch it all back together, and then reexport at 24fps.

Am I going to do that? Not at this time. Filmhub's looking into seeing if they can fix it on their end. Weird thing is, we shot FOC1 on the same type of camera(it was an AG-DVX100A) so I'm not sure why they didn't fail that one. It was edited on the exact same computer, exact same edition of Premiere.

I just submitted the first Terrortory, so am waiting to see if it passes.

If you want to see all of the places my movies are currently placed at, check this web page I made in Notepad. It's not pretty, but it's functional.

https://bit.ly/kkfhorrors

So far I don't have any money to report, but I'll let you know. The movies first went up at the end of May, and I think you get quarterly reports. Stay tuned.

---

I helped a buddy get his movie placed on Filmhub--he too is pretty sick of Amazon's bullshit. I whipped up his posters and cut him a teaser trailer. You can see that here:


He started getting placed on platforms now. Personally I really enjoy Plex. Found quite a few things I wanted to watch on there, and it streamed fine. Sure, there's commercials, but that doesn't bother me too much as I'm always working anyway. 

Anyway, when I have more to report about actual earnings, I'll let you know if I think it's worth your time to get your movies over there.




No comments:

Post a Comment